The Leadership Star: A Practical Guide to Building Engagement
By Brian Hartzer
Discover how to unlock the potential contained within your teams with this insightful resource
The Leadership Star: A Practitioner’s Guide to Building Staff Engagement provides readers with a step-by-step guide to developing engagement within their professional teams in for-profit, non-profit, academic, and governmental organizations. Experienced executive, management consultant, and author Brian Hartzer walks readers through the foundational and advanced techniques required to develop high performing professional teams. He shows readers how to:
Care about individuals as human beings, rather than as means to an end
- Care about individuals as human beings, rather than as means to an end
- Provide context to people to help them understand the company and why what they do matters
- Give clarity by telling people what outcomes and behaviors are expected of them
- Help clear the barriers that stand in the way of people doing a great job
- Recognize individual contributions and success
Perfect for current and aspiring senior managers and executives who need to know exactly what they should personally do to draw out the best from their teams and build the highest levels of engagement, the book also belongs on the shelves of anyone with direct reports and anyone who hopes to enhance their own performance in the professional sphere.
About the author:
BRIAN HARTZER is an experienced financial services professional and a former CEO of Westpac. He is a veteran of New York-based banking strategy firm, First Manhattan Consulting Group, and has held senior roles at ANZ and the Royal Bank of Scotland.